Initiates phone contact with insurance carriers to verify and/or follow up on patient information in accordance with verification protocols. Representative will work to ensure that patients’ health care benefits cover required procedures
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Respond promptly to all written communications, phone calls, voicemails, and emails
• Verify primary/secondary payer protocol and seek pre-authorizations
• Meet daily production goals as directed by management
• Ability to spell have excellent grammar and phone etiquette
• Develop and Maintain knowledge of individual payer billing and authorization requirements
• Exhibit positive attitudes, willingness to help wherever asked, staying focused and on task to the matter and understanding the role and impact they have on the departmental team at hand.
Skills and Abilities:
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodations, including but not limited to:
• Aggressive follow up in collecting information/data from insurance companies
• Strong insurance verification experience and understanding Insurance Verification Knowledge
• Ability to Multitask and Attention to Detail
• Proficient Data Entry Skills
• Ability to Work Independently
• Proficient with Multiple Insurance Portals
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and projects with speed and accuracy.
• Able to work efficiently and effectively under time constraints.
• Minimum typing skill of 40 wpm with 90% accuracy. Proficiency with the computer.
• Knowledge of medical terminology required.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Detail attentiveness required.
• Individual must be self-motivated and willing to self-direct.
Experience and Training:
• High school Diploma or equivalent
• At least 6 months experience in verifications
• Experiences with MS Office suites